Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Project Coordinator I
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 355 - Women and Children's Services
Requisition Number: 13-1559268
The Project Coordinator I assists in creating and executing plans for specific basic and moderately complex projects which fall outside the regular operations of the department. The Project Coordinator I follows projects through all phases by assisting in the development of the project plan, and ensuring adherence to the plan. A Project by definition must have a timeline with a beginning and end date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establishes the coordination of basic and moderately complex project activities and ensures the quality, timeliness, and integrity of ongoing projects and schedules. Basic projects are typically small in scope affecting one or two departments with little or no budgetary oversight.
2. Develops and maintains a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks. Ensures adherence to deadlines.
3. Coordinates and leads assigned project activities ensuring that assignments are completed.
4. May organize, lead and facilitate project-related meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials. Prepares and/or edits meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
5. Maintains detailed records and documentation of project activity and may be responsible for developing uniform procedures for storing and keeping appropriate documentation. Provides feedback to communicate project findings as appropriate.
6. May develop reports and other deliverables as assigned.
7. Tracks project changes and produces updated schedules as required.
8. Monitors project deliverables and timelines, notifies management when issues arise, and take corrective actions, as needed.
9. May coordinate ordering, follow up of receipt and invoicing as necessary.
10. Develops test scenarios if applicable to position, project or department.
11. May be responsible for conference travel planning, and departmental correspondence as it relates to the project.
12. May be responsible for communication with outside contractors and/or vendors and consultants as required by the project.
13. Performs other related duties.
Bachelors' degree required, or equivalent education and work experience.
None required, 1 year of experience in project coordination preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.