Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Program Coordinator II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 843 - Obs/Gyn & Reprod.
Requisition Number: 14-1659444
The Program Coordinator II is responsible for providing administrative, operational and programmatic support services to an assigned program area. The Program Coordinator II will be knowledgeable about institutional and program policies and procedures and provides support to a large or complex program or to multiple smaller programs. A Program is ongoing and while it may have a business cycle, will continue. The Program provides a specific service or carries out specific activities as a separate entity or as a component program within a department, but is not a department itself.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures that adequate staffing, space utilization, equipment and other resources are available to best support the provisions of services and to meet the program goals and objectives
2. May monitor the workflow and make adjustments to ensure the timely completion of program support activities. Provides and/or arranges staff training as needed, if applicable.
3. Maintains liaison with staff in other departments to coordinate program activities and training; to accomplish program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
4. Assists in monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness; demonstrates continuous efforts to improve support operations and systems, to streamline work processes and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
5. Provides assistance to staff in assigned areas to ensure program objectives are accomplished.
6. Coordinates and oversees grant related issues, reporting of program statistics and the implementation of data collection procedures.
7. Administers program procedures and systems. Ensures information is disseminated to staff regarding program and Mount Sinai Medical Center's policies and procedures.
8. Assists in the planning, coordination and implementation of seminars, conferences and workshops. Recommends new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials and resources to supplement, expand or replace existing program components.
9. Assists in the preparation of program budgets and grants. May Assists in monitors, verifies and reconciles budget expenditures.
10. May participate in hiring, performance appraisal, promotions, transfers and other personnel transactions as assigned.
11. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's Degree preferred; an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the degree when the experiences are closely related to the duties of the job.
3 years experience coordinating and administrating program activities for assigned area
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.