Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Point Of Care Testing Specialist
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 158 - Stat Laboratory
Requisition Number: 13-1545150
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, assists in the supervision of point of care testing personnel in the hospital units and ancillary sites to ensure accurate and correct patient results. The point of care testing chemist reviews and performs maintenance of point of care equipment and troubleshoots instruments not functioning according to specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reviews and records daily QC of all Point of Care testing.
2. Investigates and records remedial actions taken for out-of-range QC.
3. Reviews daily and monthly instrument maintenance documentation for Point of Care instrumentation.
4. Performs linearity's correlations and validations as necessary. Prepares the statistical charts for review by the Point of Care testing coordinator and the Director.
5. Notifies the Point of care testing coordinator of remedial actions and follow-ups for all point of care tests and instruments.
6. Distributes Point of care testing supplies to testing sites and maintains inventory.
7. Maintains supplies, equipment and work area. Monitors inventory levels. Performs daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and function inspections.
8. Assists in Continuing Education and In-Service of point of care testing personnel.
9. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in related field, or equivalent work experience required. (High School diploma and 10 years of experience in a clinical laboratory is considered equivalent.)
Minimum one year of experience in a clinical laboratory.
1. Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.