Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Physical Therapist II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 350 - Rehab Therapy Staff
Requisition Number: 14-1664628
Performs initial examinations and provides physical therapy intervention to a diverse patient population. Works under the supervision of the Therapy Manager (Inpatient/Acute) or Professional Practice Manager (Outpatient). Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs initial examinations, establishes appropriate goals, plans and implements treatments interventions, performs timely re-evaluations and modifies goals and treatment interventions accordingly. Coordinates with other disciplines when indicated.
2. Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner. i.e., initial examinations, progress notes, monthly summaries and discharge summaries.
3. Provides training to families or care partners and medical personnel as indicated.
4. Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment in coordination with appropriate team members. Writes letters of medical necessity when indicated.
5. Participates in discharge planning, makes recommendations for continued physical therapy and provides home exercise programs when appropriate.
6. Attends all appropriate conferences, rounds, inservices and meetings.
7. Will be assigned additional patients in the event that coverage is necessary as dictated by staffing needs.
8. Attends clinics assigned.
9. Maintains therapy attendance records, patient charges and statistics.
10. Participates in the supervision of Rehab Patient Care Associates, volunteers, and students
11. Must be a current member of the APTA.
12. Must follow all MSH policies and procedures.
13. Provides an in-service to the Rehabilitation Department annually
14. Serves as a clinical instructor to students and participates in student lecture development.
15. Attends a minimum of two conferences annually.
16. Participates in research as opportunities permit.
17. Serves as a resource for coverage and assists the Therapy Manager or Professional Practice Manager in operational planning.
18. Maintains productivity expectations specific to each service.
Current New York State Physical Therapy license.General Skils:
Excellent oral, communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate analytical problem skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.