Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 184 - Pharmacy
Requisition Number: 13-1586444
Fill orders for unit doses and prepackaged pharmaceuticals and perform other related duties under the supervision and direction of a pharmacy supervisor or staff pharmacist. Duties include keeping records of drugs delivered to the pharmacy, storing incoming merchandise in proper locations, and informing the supervisor of stock needs and shortages. May clean equipment used in the performance of duties and assist in the care and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Prepares and dispenses medication and assists in other pharmacy related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Fills medication orders accurately
2. Retrieves and delivers medication in a timely fashion
3. Maintains adequate stock levels in the pharmacy and does not over-stock
4. Prepares/ checks Urgent Use Stock orders for patient care areas accurately and does not over-stock.
5. Reviews medication areas for expired drugs in a timely fashion
6. Maintains medication refrigerator temperature logs in pharmacy areas and nursing units (as assigned)
7. Adheres to hospital dress code
8. Maintains an acceptable attendance record
Enrolled in an accredited (ACPE) College of Pharmacy, end of 3 year or above.
Pharmacy Intern Permit
Pharmacy software systems - Basic
Hospital software systems - Basic
1 year hospital pharmacy setting preferred
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.