Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Per Diem X-ray Technician
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 131 - Radiology
Requisition Number: 14-1616708
The Per Diem X-Ray Technician performs basic and advanced procedures in accordance with established protocols. Evaluates images for technical quality. Must exercise independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the technical performance of imaging procedures and recognize patient conditions requiring immediate action.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares patient for radiological procedures with proper and safe positioning, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into required position and adjusting controls for exposure factor.
2. Minimizes radiation to patient and other staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam-restriction devices, patient shielding and application of knowledge of exposure factors.
3. Ensures operation of radiological equipment by performing preventative maintenance requirements, troubleshooting, calling for repairs, and maintenance of equipment inventory.
4. Performs clerical duties related to registration and placement of patients as required.
5. Evaluates images prior to release to ensure quality.
6. Participates in the performance and documentation of quality control measures.
7. Ensures safety and comfort and patient, family members and other employees.
8. Assists in the orientation of new X-Ray Techs to the department.
9. May provide patient/family education on proper X-ray protocol.
10. Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
Graduate of accredited X-Ray Technician/radiological program with clinical and didactic education.
Registration by ARRT (American Registry of Radiological Technologists).
Additional clinical experience preferred.
1. Radiologic Technologist
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.