Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Per Diem Dietitian
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 209 - Fs-Clin. Nutrition
Requisition Number: 14-1611942
Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Nutrition, provides quality nutrition care and education to patients and family members. Assesses the nutritional status of patients and recommends the appropriate nutrition therapy as it pertains to the patients' nutritional needs. Provides nutrition counseling to patients and family members as indicated. The Dietitian is responsible for activities that support patient focused care within their assigned patient units. Adheres to department and hospital philosophies, standards, objectives and policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates the nutritional status of patients by reviewing pertinent information obtained from the electronic medical record and the interdisciplinary health care team. Applies knowledge of nutrition screening and assessment to specific patient populations to determine their nutritional needs.
2. Documents pertinent findings in the medical record as per policy.
3. Provides quality nutrition counseling to patients and family members as indicated.
4. Evaluates nutrition care plans for effectiveness and recommends changes as needed. Uses professional judgment to adapt and apply guidelines, protocols and professional standards of care to the new and changing needs of the patient.
5. Evaluates and assesses the need for enteral and parenteral nutrition support, and provides recommendations as indicated.
6. Participates in interdisciplinary rounds as needed. Communicates effectively with members of the health team.
7. Assist with discharge planning as needed.
8. Precepts dietetic interns and instructs them on the competencies required to complete their assigned rotation. Provides feedback for incorporation into student evaluations.
9. Participates in community focused education programs.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Registered Dietitian (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
0- 2 years' experience, including dietetic internship.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.