Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 096 - Social Work
Requisition Number: 14-1662930
The Patient Navigator oversees a caseload of patients and acts as the primary liaison between the patient and the program to which they are assigned. The Patient Navigator is responsible for implementing the comprehensive care plan to each patient as determined upon enrollment in the program. The Patient Navigator ensures that the patient is connected to prevention and treatment services, and also ensures that the patient adheres to the established plan of care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Carries out tasks to execute the medical and support service plans including guiding patients to appointments, and accompanying them when necessary.
2. Ensures that medication adherence issues are addressed.
3. Provides education and coaching for specific population needs as required by the program or department.
4. Acts as the primary liaison with medical providers to ensure patient adherence. Caseload may be as many as 20 patient-clients.
5. Delivers monthly or weekly health education encounters.
6. Performs entitlements reassessment.
7. Coordinates logistics for plan adherence such as appointment reminders, arranging transportation, making childcare arrangements.
8. Documents all patient encounters and enters all data into web-based system, and may be responsible for performing grant-related data entry.
9. Performs other tasks as required.
Bachelor's degree preferred or High School Degree and relevant work experience
2 years minimum experience, 3-5 preferred
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.