Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
PA25 - Sr. Grants & Contracts Specialist
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 809 - Grants/Contracts
Requisition Number: 13-1577838
Report to the Associate Dean for Sponsored Programs, and the Director of Grants and Contracts regarding research-related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Review approximately five hundred grant applications per year for all pre-award financial and administrative policies on behalf of Institution's central business office. Interact with departmental administrators, faculty and extramural funding agencies (Federal, NY State, non-profit, etc.) to enforce needed corrections prior to institutional endorsement. The need for significant oversight and guidance in this area is expected.
2) Responsible for correct compliance characterization of grant applications and routing to the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, Institutional Review Board, Bio-Safety Officer and Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Committee. The need for significant oversight and guidance in this area is expected.
3) Review and provide Just-In-Time, supplemental and amended information to extramural sponsors on grant applications. The need for significant oversight and guidance in this area is expected.
4) Provide information to Sponsored Projects Accounting for fund activation.
5) Provide customized fiscal reports for academic and service departments within the institution.
6) Routine entry and maintenance of data for all non-federal sponsorship in the Grants Tracking System.
7) Additional responsibilities may include maintenance of website and electronic forms, creation and maintenance of training grant tables, liaison to the Institutional Bio-Safety Officer, liaison to the Biomedical Research Alliance of New York, liaison to the Committee on Special Awards and Fellowships and creation and distribution of funding opportunity packets, calendars and special alerts.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
The incumbent must possess a thorough knowledge of grants and contracts administration at a level generally acquired through two or more years of central office grants management experience or two years of departmental experience, and proof of professional education through NCURA or SRA. Strong communication skills, both oral and written, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, strong mathematical and comprehension skills, ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment under constant deadlines, ability to provide ongoing guidance and support to faculty and departmental administrators in a timely manner, ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously.
B.A. or B.S. or an equivalent combination of education and professionally relevant experience.
Knowledge of InfoEd & MS Office applications (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.