Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 491 - Strategic Planning
Requisition Number: 14-1620666
Supports, develops, and executes projects coordinated by the Office of Strategic and Business planning. Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic and Business Planning at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, the Management Engineer provides analytical and project management support to Medical School and Hospital staff and leadership, utilizing a wide range of state of the art process improvement methodologies including, but not limited to, industrial engineering concepts such as statistical analysis, simulation and modeling, forecasting, quality control, operations research, human factors, lean/six sigma, facility planning, scheduling, and time/motion studies to assist senior level management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports the design and management of process improvement efforts (i.e. improving quality of care, throughput, reducing length of stay, and improving service utilization), by applying and modeling effective use of core industrial engineering principles as well as other facilitation methodologies such as Lean, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, and Six Sigma
2. Coordinates efforts under direction of lead Strategic and Business Planning personnel to implement process improvement tools and approaches to targeted areas, directly supportive of Medical Center operational and business objectives
3. Co-coordinates deployment of Office of Strategic and Business Planning personnel and other performance improvement staff, as appropriate
4. Prepares highly complex feasibility studies to support new business developments and improvements
5. May execute independent and analytical analysis for workflow redesigns. May interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed and methods, equipments and personnel used
6. Advances the organization's ability to meet and exceed key strategic initiatives
7. Creates reporting tools to simplify and communicate financial and operational objectives. Prepares forecasting models to assist in high-level decision making
8. May document current operations and provide recommendations on new procedures and methods for management
9. May prepare documents and diagrams to illustrate and describe operations, and may present findings and recommendations.
10. Prepares analysis and presentations to inform and support strategy group decisions and directives
11. Provides in-house support for Mount Sinai designed and delivery performance improvement curriculum, as necessary
12. Performs other duties as required
Master's degree in industrial engineering, or related field, Six Sigma training desirable
One year experience in management or other related field.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.