Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Internship Program Coordinator, Msip
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 872 - Mount Sinai Innovation Partners
Requisition Number: 14-1667868
The Internship Program Coordinator ("IPC') at Mount Sinai Innovation Partners is responsible for the creation, management and continuous improvement of a comprehensive internship program that facilitates experience and skill development for early-career professionals who have passion for healthcare research, innovation and translation. Working closely with subject matter experts in: scientific discovery, patents, contracting, business development, asset valuation, and marketing, the IPC creates training curricula and learning tools, sources and evaluates applicants, facilitates on-boarding and office logistics, develops mentoring and networking opportunities, and tracks program performance. Additionally, this individual coordinates MSIP's efforts to build a stable of resident and non-resident executives and will support the Contracts, Patent, and Business Development leaders. Works closely with the Vice President on all aspects of the executive and entrepreneurship training programs. A successful IPC has particular strengths in executing tasks and building relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops training curricula, learning plans/schedules, and training materials for all internship disciplines.
2. Coordinates program promotion with career offices at academic institutions and law schools; orchestrates career fairs; develops applicant processes; sources and evaluates candidates.
3. Coordinates all aspects of the onboarding process with Volunteer Services for both interns and executives-in-residence; conducts department orientation; and, manages space requirements and work-space assignments.
4. Monitors day-to-day execution of the learning processes and schedules.
5. Develops intern evaluation tools; monitors evaluation process; manages and retains program records.
6. Creates professional and social networking opportunities for interns within the Health System and with our legal and commercial partners.
7. Supports Contracting, Patent and Business Development leaders; works closely with the Vice President on the executive and entrepreneurship programs.
8. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Masters degree in Science; PhD preferred. MBA, a plus
5 year of experience inacademic healthcare administration, human resources management or adult education
Training program development, preferred
1. Interpersonal skills & relationship building
3. Organization and program management
4. Presentation and poise
5. Takes initiative
6. Attention to detail
7. Ability to execute a variety of diverse tasks
8. Time management
10. Persuasion and influence
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.