Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 408 - Ac Adolescent Hlth
Requisition Number: 14-1639606
As an integral part of Mount Sinai Medical Center's health care team, Health Educators analyze data to identify the community's health needs in an effort to plan, design and implement programs that encourage healthy behavior and prevent disease. As an integral part of community's health education program, Health Educators provide information to individuals and communities in an effort to maintain, improve and adopt healthy lifestyles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Develops and presents health education and promotion programs such as training workshops, conferences, in small groups as well as individual sessions.
2. 2. Documents activities, recording information such as the numbers of applications completed, presentations conducted, and persons assisted. Assesses impact of treatment compliance.
3. 3. Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with agencies and organizations interested in public health care.
4. 4. Prepares and distributes health education materials, including reports, bulletins, and visual aids such as films, videotapes, photographs, and posters.
5. 5. Develops operational plans and policies necessary to achieve health education objectives and services.
6. 6. Collaborates with health specialists and civic groups to determine community health needs and the availability of services, and to develop goals for meeting needs.
7. 7. Designs and conducts evaluations and diagnostic studies to assess the quality and performance of health education programs.
8. 8. Provides program information to the public conducting media campaigns, and/or maintaining program-related web sites.
9. 9. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree in health education/promotion, public health, or community health,
Master's degree in Health Education preferred.
Phlebotomy training/certification preferred.
Minimum one year experience, phlebotomy experience preferred.
Certification as a Certified Health Educator (CHES) from the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. preferred
Ability to plan a program based on health needs and requirements
Excellent communication skills in providing information to patients
Ability to work with a very diverse population and be sensitive to cultural differences
Comfortable speaking in public
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.