Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 404 - Amb Ops Admininistra
Requisition Number: 14-1623554
Responsible for the direction and coordination of all financial activities for departments or divisions, including the preparation of the operational budget(s); monitoring of fiscal operations for adherence to all institutional policies; development of organization policies and guidelines as they relate to budget and payroll.
Duties and Responsibilities
(in order of importance and/or frequency)
1. Provides financial oversight and controls; procedures and practices; and development, implementation and management of operational budgets, grants and contracts, endowment, gifts and faculty practice revenues consistent with internal and external compliance. Approve financial transactions for department.
2. Provides leadership in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial plans that reflect the strategic initiatives and operational priorities of the department.
3. Financial reporting, analysis, forecasting and business planning.
4. Develops solutions to improve current business processes. Establish and maintain effective internal controls.
5. Oversees global budget submission for department and monthly budget monitoring. Implements corrective action plans to meet financial goals.
6. Provides necessary analyses of key programs to determine financial feasibility.
7. Develops and manages processes to conduct annual review of time and effort, productivity and funding for faculty.
8. Supervision of staff includes recruitment, performance reviews, termination, etc.
9. Engages in strategic planning in concert with the organization's goals that contribute toward market growth, revenue enhancement, cost containment and maximizing productivity.
10. Responsible for departmental approval of all human resources transactions.
11. Develops and maintains a sound financial model including new overhead allocation, service line profit and loss statements etc.
12. Negotiates institutional budgetary support for operational activities, recruitment packages, capital procurement and facility improvement.
13. Works closely with Chairs and Vice Chairs to promote the mission of the department.
14. Develops and implements long range strategic and financial plans for the department to assure continued financial health for the advancement of the missions of teaching, research and clinical care.
15. Performs other related duties
(HS/GED; specialized training; degree and discipline)
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business-related field; Master's preferred
Minimum Related Experience
(e.g. 1 year in research environment)
7 years of progressively responsible experience in finance or accounting that includes experiences in budgeting, financial forecasting, financial modeling, planning, organizing and managing multiple financial activities.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.