Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 852 - Pediatrics
Requisition Number: 14-1654326
The Dietitian provides quality nutrition care and education to patients and family members. Assesses the nutritional status of patients and recommends the appropriate nutrition therapy as it pertains to the patients' nutritional needs. Provides nutrition counseling to patients and family members as indicated. The Dietitian is responsible for activities that support patient focused care within their assigned patient units. Adheres to department and hospital philosophies, standards, objectives and policies and procedures.
This is an outpatient position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates the nutritional status of patients by reviewing pertinent information obtained from the electronic medical record and the interdisciplinary health care team. Applies knowledge of nutrition screening and assessment to specific patient populations to determine their nutritional needs.
2. Documents pertinent findings in the medical record as per policy.
3. Provides quality nutrition counseling to patients and family members as indicated.
4. Evaluates nutrition care plans for effectiveness and recommends changes as needed. Uses professional judgment to adapt and apply guidelines, protocols and professional standards of care to the new and changing needs of the patient.
5. Evaluates and assesses the need for enteral and parenteral nutrition support, and provides recommendations as indicated.
6. Participates in interdisciplinary rounds as needed. Communicates effectively with members of the health team.
7. Assist with discharge planning as needed.
8. Precepts dietetic interns and instructs them on the competencies required to complete their assigned rotation. Provides feedback for incorporation into student evaluations.
9. Participates in community focused education programs.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Registered Dietitian (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
RD eligible with successful completion of the RD exam within three months of the date of hire
Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
0-2 years if experience which may include dietetic internship.
On-going portfolio documentation of continuing education in progress.
Proficient analytical abilities necessary to assess patient nutrition status, plan a suitable diet, and evaluate patients' compliance with diet intervention and to create effective strategic plans, interventions and initiatives.
Good interpersonal skills sufficient to develop working relationships with care center staff and other hospital personnel.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.