Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Credentials Coordinator II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 542 - Medical Staff Srvcs
Requisition Number: 14-1621578
The Medical Staff Services Credentials Coordinator II position is responsible for verifying the identity and qualifications of medical staff personnel and ensuring that each practitioner meets the requirements of the credentialing process and policies of the Mount Sinai Health System Hospitals and the Ichan School of Medicine. This position coordinates all functions related to credentialing and re-credentialing verification of hospital medical staff.
1. Assists in all aspects of the credentialing and re-credentialing process for the Medical Staff, including:
a. Organizing and reviewing applications for completeness and accuracy.
b. Performing verifications of education, training, experience, certifications and boards.
c. Performing prompt follow-up with applicants and departments to ensure new and re-appointments are done timely and in accordance with department timeframes
d. Providing written and verbal communication to practitioners and departments throughout the credentialing process
e. Organizing documentation for committee review and approval.
f. Recording and maintaining practitioner information in electronic and hard copy file systems. Includes data entry into the credentialing database.
2. Responds to requests and performs follow-up in a timely manner.
3. Responsible for the communication, setup and management of delineated privileges in the credentialing database.
4. Acts as customer service liaison and leads the credentialing process with medical staff personnel, department representatives, licensing agencies and insurance carriers.
5. Assesses and prioritizes Medical Staff appointments and backlog.
6. Evaluates applicant credentials in accordance with hospital medical staff by-laws and other regulatory bodies.
7. Provides input and feedback to the Credentialing Specialist in the review/assessment of medical staff privileges.
8. Assists in the accurate and timely preparation/organization of files for the monthly Credentials Committee meeting.
9. Participates in the preparation and delivery of files and supporting documentation to the Credentials Committee meeting.
10. May prepare and review folders in preparation for Joint Commission, DOH, CMS, managed care and other audits.
11. Develops and delivers management process metrics to medical staff management and its customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years hospital credentialing experience.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures used in health care and physician credentialing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with credentialing system software (Visual Cactus preferred)
- Takes initiative and resolves problems independently
- Works well under stress and with shifting priorities
- Builds successful customer relationships
- Has good attention to detail
- Maintains strict adherence to deadlines
- Able to regularly meet productivity and quality goals
- Has good organizational skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.