Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Clinical Nutrition Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 209 - Fs-Clin. Nutrition
Requisition Number: 14-1640602
1. Evaluates the nutritional status of patients by reviewing pertinent information obtained from the electronic medical record and the interdisciplinary health care team. Applies knowledge of nutrition screening and assessment to transplant patients to determine their nutritional needs.
2. Screen and assess pre-transplant candidates and provide nutrition clearance per department policy
3. Documents pertinent findings in the medical record as per policy.
4. Provides quality nutrition counseling to transplant patients and family members as indicated.
5. Coordinates projects within the department, including nutrition related in-services, interdepartmental nutrition education programs, and lectures.
6. Designs, develops and regularly updates nutrition education materials to meet the specialized needs of transplant patients.
7. Participates in quality assurance monitoring and reporting for departmental performance improvement meetings.
8. Precepts dietetic interns, develops learning modules, instructs them on the competencies required to complete their assigned rotation, and completes student evaluations.
9. Evaluates nutrition care plans for effectiveness and recommends changes as needed. Uses professional judgment to adapt and apply guidelines, protocols and professional standards of care to the new and changing needs of the patient.
10. May participates in practice-specific research to enhance program.
11. Participates in interdisciplinary rounds as needed. Communicates effectively with members of the healthcare team. Acts as a resource to all hospital staff and provides direction regarding nutrition needs for the transplant patients.
12. Assists with discharge planning and home care as needed.
13. Participates in community focused education programs and external speaking events to promote service and education.
14. Presents department journal clubs.
15. Other duties as assigned.
(HS/GED; specialized training; degree and discipline)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Master's degree preferred, but not required
Minimum Related Experience
3-5 years' experience.
Minimum Licensing Requirements
Certified Dietitian Nutritionist (CDN) from the NYS Department of Education Office of the Professions required.
Minimum Certification Requirements
Registered Dietitian (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
Advanced credential such as the Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC), or Pediatric, Renal, Oncology specialist preferred, but not required.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.