Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Clinical Nutrition Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 209 - Fs-Clin. Nutrition
Requisition Number: 14-1611120
Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Nutrition and with minimal supervision provides quality nutrition care and education in all clinical nutrition services to patients and their families. Assess the nutritional needs of patients and plans for the provision of appropriate nutrition as it pertains to the patients' nutritional needs. Provides nutritional counseling to patients as needed. Acts as a resource person for staff members and provides guidance as needed. Precepts Dietetic Interns and develops learning modules. Plans, conducts and evaluates nutrition education programs and assists in program development, Quality Improvement activities, policies and procedure review and revisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluate and assess patients' nutritional status by reviewing pertinent information obtained from the medical record, the patient, attending physician, case manager and team on rounds or evaluation meetings.
2. Make appropriate recommendations to the team members regarding the nutritional management of the patient.
3. Review and interpret physician prescribed diets including special instructions such a supplementary feedings, enteral and parenteral nutrition and makes additional recommendations as needed.
4. Develop a care plan for the patient with the team.
5. Evaluate and assess patient response to diet therapy through direct interview, calculating nutrient intake, monitoring tolerance of oral, enteral or parenteral feedings.
6. Plan, conduct and implement all appropriate educational sessions and provide appropriate nutrition counseling as needed.
7. Assist with discharge planning and possible arrangements for home care services.
8. Document all pertinent information in the medical record as per department policy.
9. Develop and maintain cooperative working relationship with other Medical Center departments and staff to ensure optimum patient care.
10. Provide staff development and in-services to patient unit personnel and newly hired patient unit staff on the principles and application of nutrition, diet and related procedures. Make recommendations on new policies and procedures.
11. Responsible to the Director of Clinical Nutrition in the demonstration of conformity to all legal, regulatory agencies and Department of Clinical Nutrition policies, procedures and guideline requirements.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in Food and Nutrition and/or specialty credential
Licensure:Certified Dietitian Nutritionist (CDN) from NYS office of the Professions
Certification: Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
4 - 6 years experience, including 2 years in specialty area
>75 hours CEUs in portfolio in specialty area: completed 5 year portfolio with submission and acceptance for the next 5 year period
1. Certified Dietitian Nutritionist (CDN)
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.