Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
CAT-MRI TECHNICIAN >5
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 486 - Radiology Assoc
Requisition Number: 13-1506472
Under general supervision of a Radiologist and CT Supervisor, performs basic and advanced CT examinations in accordance with established protocols. Technologist must exercise independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the technical performance of imaging procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs CT/MRI exams utilizing established protocols.
2. Captures images onto PACS System and transfers images to physician work stations.
3. Evaluates images prior to the release of patient to ensure quality.
4. Participates in the performance and documentation of quality control measures.
5. Ensures the safety and comfort of patient, family members and other employees.
6. Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging procedures.
7. Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of the work area and equipment to comply with established infection control and department standards.
8. Informs appropriate personnel of any equipment failure and documents type of problem and any associated downtime.
9. Displays personal attributes of compassion, competence and concern in meeting the needs of the patient.
10. Communicates effectively with patients, other employees and the general public.
11. Performs other duties as required.
Graduate of an AMA approved school of radiologic technology.
Five years of CT experience.
1. Radiologic Technologist
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.