Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 576 - Contract Management
Requisition Number: 13-1530340
The Buyer negotiates and places orders for small to moderately priced items and estimates value of merchandise based on knowledge of market prices. The incumbent reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority. The buyer also identifies opportunities for cost savings and quality improvement through effective negotiating techniques and sourcing of pricing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Selects, orders, and purchases, at the most favorable prices, merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification and other requirements.
2. Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
3. Prepares and processes bids for supplies and services according to standard procedures and policies.
4. Works closely with vendors to obtain and develop desired products.
5. Reviews proposals and in conjunction with manager awards contracts.
6. Places direct and sole-source orders, maintaining appropriate pressure on suppliers to reduce or maintain total delivered cost.
7. May authorize return of merchandise.
8. May process purchase requisitions through the materials management and e-commerce systems.
9. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's Degree in Purchasing, Retail Management or related field
2 years of prior buying or related experience Excellent written and oral communication skills
Experience with planning, forecasting and allocation
Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within health field
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.