Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Business Analyst I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 491 - Strategic Planning
Requisition Number: 14-1620640
The Business Analyst provides analytical and project management support, utilizing a wide range of state of the art performance improvement methodologies across all administrative and operational functions. Gathers and prepares data from business and organizational systems to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Gathers, prepares, and reconciles basic organizational data and information. Provides accurate information to management for review, analysis and decision making.
2. Prepares monthly or quarterly reports and presentations as required.
3. Advances the organization's ability to meet and exceed key strategic initiatives.
4. Updates monthly metrics and reports trends.
5. Assists in preparation of basic feasibility studies and business plans to support new business developments.
6. Documents current operations and may provide recommendations on new procedures and methods for management.
7. Prepares documents and diagrams to illustrate and describe operations, and presents findings and recommendations.
8. Assists in the preparation of Market Research and Analyses, Demand and Supply Analyses, and Demographic Studies to inform and support senior leadership's decision making related to specific initiatives.
9. May track research grants, and prepare Research Density and Grants Analysis several times a year.
10. May monitor project timelines and budgets.
11. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors' degree in Business Administration.
Six Sigma preferred.
1 -2 years of relevant experience preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.