Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Brooklyn Heights Radiology Manager
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Brooklyn Heights
Department: B41 - B.H. Radiology
Requisition Number: 13-1563268
The Brooklyn Heights Lead Technologist (CT) efficiently and effectively manages the Radiologic Technologists in the department and the daily processes assuring compliance with all policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation standards. The RT Supervisor assists the Director of Diagnostic Imaging and Physicians in maintaining the highest degree of clinical and operational performance and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates work schedule with Departmental Director to assure workload coverage.
2. Participates in the maintenance of accreditation.
3. Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all employees.
4. Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the section being managed.
5. Oversees scheduling and imaging of patients to ensure smooth daily operations and quality services. Demonstrates clinical competency on an annual basis.
6. Performs Radiologic Scans (MRI/CT) and provides direct patient care as needed.
7. Orients, supervises, and evaluates the performance of the RT staff to ensure safe and effective operations. Conducts staff meetings at least monthly to communicate information, discuss safety/quality issues, and monitor continued understanding and compliance with departmental policies.
8. Assists with the development, revision, and enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, protocols, and standards to ensure quality care, efficiency, and procedural compliance.
9. Remains proficient in the use of AMICAS PACS, and other Radiology or Information Management systems as needed.
10. Creates an environment that promotes customer service excellence.
11. With the Director of Diagnostic Imaging, conducts research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operation tools.
12. Serves as a liaison between staff, physicians, other healthcare providers, and customers.
13. Maintain familiarity with the departments booking, scheduling, duplication, and PACS systems.
14. Ability to maintain continuing education credits and professional licenses required by the New York State Department of Health.
15. Assists in the accreditation process by following the standards requested by the ACR.
16. Promote and follow Mount Sinai policies, rules, and regulations.
17. Assists Director of Diagnostic Imaging in developing, administering, and monitoring the departmental budget to ensure cost-effective operations.
18. The RTS supports the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of the organization and demonstrates a commitment quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our associates.
19. Performs other ancillary duties as directed by competent authority.
Graduate of a formal Radiologic Technology Program.
Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for specialty (ies) as appropriate. Baccalaureate degree preferred.
3 years of supervisory experience
Proficient in the use of AMICAS PACS, and other Radiology or Information Management systems as needed
Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the section being managed. Maintaining superior diagnostic imaging in accordance with standardized procedures. Excellent patient and people skills. Ability to maintain a great knowledge in human cross section anatomy, proper positioning skills, and appropriate utilization of protocols and scanning techniques. High knowledge with variety of routine procedures and applications.
1. Radiologic Technologist
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.