Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Billing Coordinator-senior Generalist
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 387 - RTC Non-Cancer Infusion
Requisition Number: 13-1513622
Under the supervision of the PFS Manager and/or Senior Director, responsibilities include various aspects of the Outpatient Cancer Center receivable management for the Patient Financial Services (PF1) Understand hospital based (article 28) billing for all outpatient Cancer Center encounters.
2) Reviews and analyze the ATB for aged accounts that have not been resolved. Analyze accounts and take next steps to drive accounts to closure.
3) Contract compliance-research, review and reprocess previous disposition accounts for additional revenue. This includes but is not limited to zero accounts, carved out contract service items and/or rate adjustments.
4) Reconcile patient accounts receivable deposits including posting and balancing.
5) Work on ALL TRAC buckets. Utilizes Stockamp Trac System as your primary follow-up work driver.
6) Keeps up to date on all Cancer related LMRP's , fee scheduled and CDM changes in the Eagle system.
7) Understanding third party contracts and translating the salient terms into appropriate action(s). Knowledgeable with outpatient cancer service/billing guidelines.
8) Retroactive rate adjustments - re-bill, adjust and/or void claims.
9) Prepares weekly excel spreadsheets.
10) Prepares for weekly TRAC listings; focus meet, payer meet(s) etc.
11) Various re-bill projects.
12) Accounts receivable adjustments; credit balance review and preparation.
13) Patient Accounts System (Eagle) updates - review and reprocess accounts when PFS systems updates are made.
14) Work all assigned listings from Patient Accounts System.
15) Prepare listings for third party payers - listings to include open receivables on delinquent accounts receivables.
16) Review accounts through various third party websites.
17) Coordinate with outside party's for account validation.
18) Communicate and work with inter/intra departments.
19) Track specific payer outcomes.
20) Attend seminars and workshops as required.
21) Ability to adapt to any new systems implemented.
22) All other assignments assigned by the manager, senior director and/or vice president.
S) Department. Candidate must have the ability to work in a "stratified process environment."
Medical/hospital accounts receivable experience preferred. Accounts receivable knowledge (hospital/third party) preferred.
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet, Omnipro.Cerner, Trac/On-Trac, Cirius and Eagle applications.
Cancer billing, guidelines and regulation knowledge a plus.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.