Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Assistant Manager, Stores & Receiving
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 574 - Storeroom
Requisition Number: 14-1659308
The Assistant Manager of Stores and Receiving is responsible for the management, coordination and supervision of the activities of the stores and receiving facility at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Additionally, the Assistant Manager is responsible for providing the operational and budgetary variances to management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans and establishes work schedules and assignments of Supervisors, and monitors performance to meet production goals.
2. Recruits, interviews, and selects employees for bargaining unit and non-bargaining unit positions in the department.
3. Provides feedback to Corporate Director of Materials Management on all aspects of operations, staff productivity and budget variances.
4. Develops cost savings/labor savings measures when required. Ensures regulatory compliance for all surveys.
5. Establishes and maintains policies and procedures relating to hospital receiving and inventory control applications.
6. Maintains and orders appropriate stock levels of inventoried products in Stat Stores. Coordinates replenishment services with distribution center and all outside vendors.
7. Trains supervisors on the Inventory Control applications.
8. Prepares and furnishes reports on volume activity and staff productivity. Advises manager of changes in resource needs.
9. Participates in Labor Relations activities, including disciplinary actions, grievance, arbitrations and terminations.
10. Performs follow-up conferences with user departments to ensure quality and consistency of service (Quality of Service).
11. Develops policies and procedures for the Emergency Preparedness plan for Stores and Receiving.
12. Maintains the proper working order of all facility and materials handling equipment through monitoring and accessing vendor service agreements.
13. Participates in bi-annual physical inventories of stores and other materials Management departments as needed.
14. Performs other related duties.
High School Diploma, Associate's degree preferred.
Minimum four years experience in Material Management/Stores & Receiving including two years of supervisory experience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.