Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 036 - Renal
Requisition Number: 14-1631698
The Administrative Manager oversees the administrative, operational and financial activities of a department, medical care unit or division. Ensures the successful coordination and delivery of financial and/or operational services, including staffing and the administration of policies and procedures.
1. Establishes major schedules, task assignments and allocation of manpower, space and equipment to ensure conformance with departmental goals and objectives.
2. Administers departmental contracts and grants in accordance with MSMC policies and sponsors' requirements regarding the maintenance of records, reports, controls and conditions governing expenditure of funds.
3. Recommends changes in operational policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the organization's guidelines. Ensures activities are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and/or guidelines.
4. Assists in the determination of fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitors, verifies and reconciles expenditure of budgeted funds.
5. Ensures the adherence to budget parameters.
6. Maintains liaison with all levels of administration, faculty and/or outside organizations to coordinate operational activities, to accomplish directives and to facilitate the resolution of problems.
7. Prepares operational and financial reports and analyses. Setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
8. May serve as the department's liaison with administrative and professional staff regarding MSMC policies and procedures, personnel administration, grant administration and budgetary preparation and control.
9. Interprets and administers personnel policies such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment.
10. Assists in the planning of short and long-range goals for the department, unit or division. Prepares and evaluates proposals to implement new programs and expand existing ones.
11. Assists in the implementation of quality assurance programs and monitoring activities to meet standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as JCAHO, CARF and New York State and City Department of Health.
12. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree in business related field. Master's degree preferred.
4 years of related business experience with competency in applying general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of one or more major administrative functions.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.