Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 094 - Critical Care Institute
Requisition Number: 14-1619256
The Administrative Director serves as the principal non-physician clinical and operational director, responsible for clinical, academic clinical research and program administration. Ensures assigned area(s) render high quality patient care and services including management of patient flow/access, revenue, quality assurance, patient treatment/ support and service improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
(in order of importance and/or frequency)
1. Responsible for implementing the directives of senior leadership in the management of clinical and business aspects of strategic planning, clinical staffing space and resource allocation, educational and other regulatory activities.
2. Establishes, communicates and maintains effective internal procedures to manage the department's clinical workflow in accordance with prescribed policies, procedures, and regulations.
3. Maintains compliance with all regulatory bodies. Ensures all staff are current on changes in regulatory requirements.
4. Responsible for the creation, maintenance and periodic review of all policies and procedures related to clinical and business operations and their implementation.
5. Monitors and implements action plans to maintain or improves patient satisfaction scores to achieve standard benchmarks for service.
6. May manage and coordinate comprehensive, multi-disciplinary care to patients throughout the continuum of care within each program.
7. Assists other department leadership in promoting, ensuring and providing training in compliance with Professional Practice Standards, professional service regulations, health and safety rules, patient confidentially rules, and conflict of interest rules.
8. Serves as a risk management liaison on clinical issues. Advises and implements practice management changes based upon risk management exposure and incidents.
9. Supports and implements all performance improvements initiatives. Determines QA activities for each program.
10. Collaborates with the medical leadership and/or designee to identify funding needs for growth, compliance and development opportunities for current and new clinical programs.
11. Direct responsibility for hiring, appraising performance, disciplinary actions and termination of staff not meeting performance standards of The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Medical Center and the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
12. Mediates and resolves personnel disputes and performance or behavioral problems. Appropriately discloses and seeks advice.
13. Develops, maintains and reports the personnel records and databases for department in accordance with the policies and procedures of The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Medical Center and the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
14. Maintains compliance with all CMS, HIPAA, institutional and federal guidelines.
15. Develops and assists with the creation of new clinical programs both on site and off-site.
16. Develops effective marketing strategies in order to increase market share.
17. Promotes innovative approaches in creating and facilitating processes that support and ensure the success of the clinical and academic missions.
18. Performs other related duties
*-indicates duty is "essential" as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
(HS/GED; specialized training; degree and discipline)
Master's degree required in Health Policy, Health Administration, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
Minimum Related Experience
(e.g. 1 year in research environment)
10 years progressive leadership health care experience.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.