Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 127 - Pre Renal Transplant
Requisition Number: NR13-1596420
1. Coordinates the activities of the multi-disciplinary team under the direction of our physicians and surgeons, ensuring compliance with all regulatory standards, providing quality care in a patient centric environment.
2. Facilitates the evaluation of patients who are on the waitlist for kidney transplant. Assumes primary responsibility for the planning, implementation and evaluation of all listed follow up visits. Ensures that patient education is done and documented during these patient visits. Ensures that all regulatory documents are appropriately processed during these visits.
3. Works closely with the pre-transplant team, providing coverage as needed, and working with staff to ensure that patients on the waitlist are current with all medical clearances.
4. Coordinates the diverse management of post- transplant patients including independent laboratory review, monitoring of patient adherence and triage of medical, social and financial problems encountered as needed.
5. Assumes primary responsibility for all patient and family education for patients on the kidney transplant waitlist.
6. Has 24 hour primary on-call responsibility, requiring independent triage of patient and physician inquiries using advanced clinical judgments, and evaluation of all deceased donor referrals including coordination of all deceased donor transplant surgeries.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.