Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 728 - Nurse Recruitment
Requisition Number: NR13-1595370
The Recruiter (Level II) is primarily responsible for developing sourcing strategies to recruit top healthcare talent for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Manages the selection, presentation, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components in making a hire.
2. 2. Partners with hiring managers to review staffing needs and job responsibilities. Discusses appropriate recruitment strategies with hiring managers. Acts as primary recruitment resource.
3. 3. Consults with Hiring Managers and candidates throughout hiring process. Assists in evaluating candidates and overall process troubleshooting.
4. 4. Develops strong relationships with senior managers and staff throughout the medical center, as well as with external recruiting partners.
5. 5. Manages and audits the requisition process. Ensures receipt of completed and approved requisitions for all job postings and that information complies with bargaining unit or non-bargaining unit requirements.
6. 6. Utilizes various recruiting strategies ranging from internet recruiting, advertising, and employee referrals.
7. 7. Creatively and proactively sources candidates by developing relationships with colleges as well as internal and external professional contacts in order to maintain a pool of qualified candidates.
8. 8. Researches alternative recruitment sources in order to find candidates for hard-to-fill and critical skill positions.
9. 9. Manages the hiring process to ensure timely and cost effective filling of departmental vacancies.
10. 10. Negotiates compensation package with hiring manager and Compensation and extends offer to candidate. Negotiates additional requisite benefits as needed: relocation, sign-on bonuses, etc.
11. 11. Sells candidates on the benefits of working for MSMC, both personally and professionally.
12. 12. Enters new hire offer information into the applicant tracking system.
13. 13. Collaborates with International Personnel to confirm candidates' eligibility to work in the US. If necessary, refers candidate to International Personnel for their review.
14. 14. Mentors and assists Junior Recruiter and Coordinators in achieving professional success and development.
15. 15. Maintains a recruitment volume of 70-80 vacancies and a high fill ratio.
16. 16. Performs other related duties.
Minimum of 5 years of high volume recruitment experience in a large organization
Experience with ATS (applicant tracking system)
Excellent communication skills - able to interact with all levels of the organization
Excellent interpersonal, communication, team building and decision-making skills.
Self-motivated and flexible; results oriented in a fast paced environment with deadlines.
Demonstrated proactive customer service approach.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.