Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Per Diem Nursing Clinical Specialty Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 384 - RCC Non-Clinical
Requisition Number: NR14-1606778
The Clinical Coordinator is a Registered Professional Nurse with broad knowledge and skills who participates in the coordination of clinical programs and services for designated patient populations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in the development, implementation and coordination of clinical services and programs for designated patient populations. Activities may include but are not limited to:
Treatments and procedures, where applicable
Patient and family education
Discharge planning and follow-up
2. Promotes an interdisciplinary approach in patient care delivery.
3. Serves as a resource for patients and their families.
4. Acts as a patient advocate utilizing the Patient Bill of Rights.
5. Participates in promoting and maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment.
6. Collaborates with other members of the health care team in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of policies, procedures, and standards of care for designated patient populations.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatory agency standards.
8. Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement programs.
9. Participates in risk management activities including identifying and communicating issues of risk in a timely manner.
10. Is aware of and responsive to budgetary constraints and incorporates financial principles into program development and allocation of resources.
11. Recognizes each individual's right to health care unrestricted by age, race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or source of payment.
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is required.
Master's in Nursing and certification in specialty area are preferred.
New York State License with current registration (RN)
Progressive job related experience specific to area of responsibility.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.