Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Per Diem Nurse - Mount Sinai Queens
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Hospital (Queens)
Department: Q216 - IMCU
Requisition Number: MQ21809
The Registered Professional Nurse provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
2. Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
3. Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
4. Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
5. Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
6. Participates in performance improvement, nursing quality, nursing research activities
Current New York State license
Bachelor Degree in nursing or current matriculation in a BSN program
Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice.
Evidence of ability to maintain interpersonal relationships, communicate appropriately to others, work effectively to solve problems and confronts issues appropriately
Demonstrates a strong commitment to furthering institutional goals through interdisciplinary teamwork, effective communication, and the ability to think creatively
One year of critical care background preferred.
Demonstration of current course completion of BLS and ACLS.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.