Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Per Diem Dialysis Technician
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 453 - Dialysis - 94th
Requisition Number: 14-1598496
The Dialysis Technician operates dialysis machines that help sustain patients who have damaged kidneys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Obtains and records pre and post dialysis treatment, blood pressure, apical pulse and temperature.
2. Cannulates patients with AVG (arteriovenous graft) and AVF (arteriovenous fistula) under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Reports unusual findings.
3. Initiates hemodialysis via AVG or AVF under the direction of a registered nurse. Reports unusual findings.
4. Provides emotional support and reports patient's concerns/questions to the nurse.
5. Sets parameters for the hemodialysis treatment after consultation with the RN.
6. Terminates hemodialysis via AVG or AVF under the supervision of an RN.
7. Obtains blood specimens as directed.
8. Collaborates with the technical personnel to ensure adequate supplies and equipment, receives and stores equipment and supplies, ensures availability of supplies and equipment.
9. Assumes responsibility for maintenance, safety cleaning and disinfection of dialysis machines.
10. Performs other related duties.
HS Diploma or GED, and completion of an approved dialysis technician training program
Certified Hemodialysis Technologist/Technician from the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT)
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.