Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Per Diem Child Birth Educator
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 724 - Childbirth Educators
Requisition Number: NR13-1552956
Responsible for conducting childbirth classes for our hospital based program. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Prepared Childbirth and may teach Newborn Care, Preparation for Cesarean Birth and Breastfeeding. Serves as an "ambassador" of The Mount Sinai Hospital by promoting and supporting positive perceptions of the maternity services provided.
1. Teaching childbirth education to diverse patient group
2. Responsible for accurate content, class management and use of audio/visual materials, adapting when necessary to meet the needs of the expectant family.
3. Performs other related duties
*-indicates duty is "essential" as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
* Professional Childbirth Educator certification required for teaching the childbirth classes.
* IBCLC or CLC certification required for teaching prenatal breastfeeding classes
* Previous teaching experience with knowledge and skills in applying the principles of adult education preferred.
* Ability to use various teaching aids and equipment as necessary to perform job duties.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.