Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Offsite Registered Nurse
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Requisition Number: NR14-1622576
The Clinical Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
2. Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
3. Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
4. Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
5. Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
6. Participates in performance improvement, nursing quality, nursing research activities and utilizes same in clinical practice.
7. Participates in the design, measurement, and assessment of care related structures, processes, and outcomes to improve the quality of patient care.
8. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for nursing practice and the delivery of safe, competent patient care.
9. Participates in maintaining a safe, therapeutic, and consumer oriented environment.
10. Respects and values each patient's unique, individual needs, beliefs, and diversity and incorporates these into planning and delivery of care.
11. Collaborates with members of the health care team, the patient, and significant others to plan and implement the patient's care.
12. Coordinates discharge planning from the day of admission to day of discharge or transfer to alternate care continuum. Conducts discharge phone calls on selected patients.
13. Maintains clinical competence and is responsible for own professional growth and development along the continuum from advanced beginner to expert.
14. Functions as a professional role model and preceptor for students, new hires, and staff.
Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, and objectives of the institution and department.
15. Demonstrates a professional commitment to patients, significant others, and members of the health care team.
16. Participates in identification, response to, and investigation of potential and actual risk management issues.
17. Projects a professional image and maintains a positive attitude.
18. Incorporates ethical principles in decision making.
19. Utilizes available financial and other resources prudently.
20. Promotes positive consumer interactions and upholds the Patient Bill of Rights.
21. Participates actively in institutional committees, community agencies, and professional organizations.
22. Encourages scholarship, a spirit of inquiry, life-long learning, innovation, and research in self and colleagues.
23. Treats co-workers, patients and families with dignity and respect.
24. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing. Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing hired prior to January 1995. Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing with current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire will be considered by the Clinical Director of Nursing.
Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice; new graduates possess current knowledge of the nursing process and its application.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.