Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinical Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 821 - Cardiology
Requisition Number: NR13-1582236
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinical Coordinator oversees and coordinates activities related to patient care services for those participating in the Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees and coordinates activities related to patient interviews and nursing assessments.
2. Develops patient care plans and oversees monitoring of the patient exercise program.
3. Prepares patient for successful transition into an ongoing exercise program following their graduation from the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.
4. Plans, develops and conducts patient education seminars.
5. Acts as a clinical resource for physicians and other hospital staff in matters relating to cardiac rehabilitation programs.
6. Coordinates emergency care procedures such as maintaining Team 7000 cart, emergency response button checks and mock codes.
7. Coordinates follow-up with patients who graduate from the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.
8. Assists Administrative Director in new program development and implementation.
9. Identifies and recommends continuous quality improvement programs.
10. Attends and/or participates as presenter in workshops and seminars, keeps abreast of current literature and trends in the field, and participates in professional organizations.
11. Participates in staff meetings as necessary.
12. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree in health sciences, nursing or related clinical field
2 years of clinical experience working in a Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.