Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Brooklyn Heights Registered Nurse
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Department: B40 - B.H. Urgent Care
Requisition Number: NR13-1589524
The Brooklyn Heights Registered Nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients and their families following the nursing process, established standards and practices. Assist physicians and other team members in coordinating patient care. Functions as a resource for support staff (LPNs and Medical Assistants).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses and monitors changes in the physical and psycho/social needs of patients utilizing the nursing processs.
2. Educates and counsels patient and/or caregiver with provisions for follow-up.
3. Prepares the patient for and assists in complex procedures and treatments.
4. Administers and documents all medications including IV therapy accurately.
5. Patient charting is entered into the EMR accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Provides clinical direction to the support staff (LPNs, Medical Assistants).
7. Responds to emergencies as needed.
8. Checks code cart weekly, if applicable.
9. Stocks supplies as needed.
10. Performs other duties as appropriate.
Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) preferred
IV Certification preferred
No experience required
Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
Completes compentency skill checklist within first 3 months.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Interpersonal skills necessary to build relationships.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.