Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Brooklyn Heights Licensed Practice Nurse
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Brooklyn Heights
Department: B03 - B.H. OBS/Gynecology
Requisition Number: NR12-1468902
The Brooklyn Heights Licensed Practice Nurse works as part of a healthcare team by assisting in planning and implementing care interventions while promoting high quality patient care in a professional, efficient and safe manner, ensuring the patient flow. The BH Licensed Practice Nurse will also provide personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to patients. This person is expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge in this area and apply it to everyday practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Introduces self to patient while escorting patient into the exam room.
2. Prepares the patient for exams and procedures.
3. Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients.
4. Administers medications including all types of injections, IV therapy as needed and within the scope of licensure.
5. Provide basic patient care and treatments, such as but not limited to: dressing wounds, performing catheterizations or applying compresses.
6. Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately.
7. Cleans and prepare medical treatment rooms for patient visits.
8. Assemble and use equipment appropriate to specific medical practice.
9. Schedule follow-up appointments for patients as needed.
10. Communicates delays effectively when necessary.
11. Enters patient information into the computer accurately and in a timely manner.
12. Manages the physician's desktop accurately and in a timely and efficient manner.
13. Provides clerical support to patients such as but not limited to making appointments, booking procedures, obtaining pre-authorizations and answering telephones.
14. Manages medical inventory and supply ordering based on par levels.
15. Must work under the supervision of the physician or Registered Nurse.
16. Performs other related duties.
NY State LPN license
IV and/or phlebotomy skills preferred
Completes compentency skill checklist within first 3 months.
Experience with patient databases is preferred
Effective communication skills
Ability to work with all team members to support a cohesive work environment.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.