Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Brooklyn Heights Clinical Manager
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: B40 - B.H. Urgent Care
Requisition Number: NR14-1612610
The Brooklyn Heights Clinical Manager is responsible for administering, directing, planning and coordinating all staff and activities at the Medical Office. Works collaboratively with the Medical Group physicians to ensure high quality, cost effective and accessible patient care services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages daily operations at Medical Offices and coordinates the work activities and schedules.
2. Manages personnel and /or activities at the Medical Office including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, training, counseling, evaluation, disciplining and terminating in conformance with organizational policies and procedures.
3. Administers office policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner.
4. Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary.
5. Identifies, analyzes and resolves work related problems and issues.
6. Develops operating and capital equipment budgets in conjunction with medical staff and appropriate administrative staff. Monitors compliance with established approved budgets, ensuring effective staff and resource utilization.
7. Manages office billing procedures, including but not limited to, patient registration, encounter processing and reconciliation, and charge entry. Works collaboratively with the Billing Department mangers and staff to ensure timely and accurate bill processing and payment.
8. Manages relationships with outside vendors to ensure contract compliance and effective levels of support.
9. Maintains the Medical Office facility. Oversees and recommends improvements including renovations, expansion and purchase of equipment.
10. Works collaboratively and actively communicates with other Office Managers and administrative personnel to ensure maximum organizational efficiency and productivity.
11. Responds to patient concerns. Promotes quality patient care and service.
12. Collects data, prepares reports, analyzes statistics and budget reports, and answers correspondence as needed.
13. Serves on organizational committees and attends management meetings as requested.
14. Participates in professional development activities.
15. Adheres to all Mount Sinai Compliance Program Policies and Procedures including all regulatory financial and OSHA requirements. Participates in and contributes to help achieve a total compliance program.
16. Manages assigned projects as directed.
17. Performs other duties as requested.
Bachelor degree in nursing
Five years of nursing experience with three years supervisory experience including one year in health care management
Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
Knowledge of medical office procedures.
Knowledge of fiscal management systems and techniques.
Knowledge of Human Resource management practices.
Skill in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to build staff, administrative, physician and community relationships.
Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.