Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Systems Analyst III
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 286 - App Develop/support
Requisition Number: 14-1666308
The Systems Analyst III supervises the determination of client area application systems requirements for new or modified application programs, the preparation of systems specifications, and the development, testing and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Has supervisory duties in instructing, assigning, directing and checking the work of the other Systems Analyst/Programmers.
2. 2. Assists in planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the section. May work with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.
3. 3. Coordinates the activities of the section with the client area and other IT sections (e.g., database, operations, telecommunications, technical support, etc.).
4. 4. Acts as expert technical resource to development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process.
5. 5. May act as a Project Leader for major projects.
6. 6. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred,
Advanced degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Seven years of experience in systems analysis and application program development with some supervisory, management and administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Requires an extensive knowledge of the client area's functions and systems, and in-depth knowledge of system and technology alternatives, and a broad knowledge of the system development life cycle.
Technical knowledge of various high level programming languages and program development software alternatives.
Excellent communication skills, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.