Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Report Analyst II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 331 - Clin Document Mgnt
Requisition Number: 14-1670470
The Senior Report Analyst will support the Medical Center's reporting and analysis requirements specifically related to Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) across Mount Sinai Health System.
* Maintenance of monthly metrics and dashboards
* Analyze the information and reporting requirements of end users and design reports to meet these needs
* Leverage the functionality of Business Intelligence tools efficiently accommodate and streamline executive level reporting and analysis
* Participate with senior leadership to define reporting requirements and performance metrics
* Document existing reporting methodologies and requirements, including source system analysis and data definitions
* Work in conjunction with the Application Development team and/or the Dashboard Development team to design and build web-based reports and analysis tools for end users
* Coordinate the operational go-live of new reporting methodologies
* Manage projects effectively in order to meet deadlines, including tracking and mitigating issues and delays
* Excellent knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel), databases (Access), and query language.
* Clinical experience in the healthcare or substantial medical coding knowledge required
* Familiarity with hospital data and systems
* Data management requirements including downloading, merging data and generation of reports, integrating text, graphs and statistics.
* High level of professionalism needed to interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the institution including executive leadership and senior clinicians
* Organization and attention to detail
* Strong writing and presentation skills
* Interest in the evaluation and deployment of new technology
* Master's degree in a healthcare related field preferred
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.