Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Programmer Analyst III
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 286 - App Develop/support
Requisition Number: 14-1658148
The Programmer Analyst III performs programming and other work involving the understanding of complex systems software and the solving of problems on these systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops specifications of extremely complex software programming applications.
2. Works at a very high technical level of all phases of software programming.
3. May define the logic, perform the coding, test and debug programs.
4. Responsible for components of the overall operating system or complex sub-systems of the operating systems, such as sophisticated file management routines, large telecommunications networks, and administrative and statistical software packages, performance evaluation and enhancements.
5. May be involved in providing assistance and training to other Systems Programmers.
6. May act as a Project Leader.
7. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
Five years of experience in systems programming, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Knowledge of several high level languages i.e. Java, C++, .NET) and knowledge of Assembler language.
Must have experience in the system(s) used in the area, the knowledge and ability to write clearly in Assembler and other higher level languages, knowledge of computer algorithms.
The ability to communicate effectively.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.