Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Programmer Analyst II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 071 - MSSOM IT
Requisition Number: 14-1661316
The Application Programmer II will work on Enterprise level applications. The programmer will design and implement complex web based software. The programmer will be able to troubleshoot a complex environment consisting of web, application and database servers. The candidate is able to quickly understand and retool software already written.
* Bachelor Degree in computer science, or equivalent (training / experience)
* Minimum 5 years real world programming experience
* Understanding of relational databases and SQL
* Ability to write maintainable code in an efficient manner
* Understanding of revision control software
* Train and support junior team members
* Outstanding communication, analytical and organizational skills
* Capable of adapting quickly to new technologies and related requests
* Collaborate with other support team members to ensure that critical production incidents are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
* Experience with full project development (i.e. user requirement gathering, design, implementation and support)
* Hospital/Research experience/exposure is a plus
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.