Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Programmer Analyst II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 071 - MSSOM IT
Requisition Number: 13-1514174
The Senior Application Programmer will work on Enterprise level applications. The programmer will design and implement complex web based software. The programmer will be able to troubleshoot a complex environment consisting of web, application and database servers. The candidate is able to quickly understand and retool software already written.
Bachelor Degree in computer science, or equivalent (training / experience)
- Minimum 5 years real world programming experience
- Excellent proficiency and experience with several programming languages
- Excellent understanding of relational databases and SQL is required
- Proficiency in writing efficient and maintainable code
- Understanding of revision control software
- Training and supporting junior team members
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt emerging technology
- Collaborates with other support team members to ensure that critical production incidents are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience with full project development (i.e. user requirement gathering, design, implementation and support)
- Experience in a Hospital/Research environment is a plus
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.