Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
IT TECHNICAL ENGINEER III
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 294 - Network
Requisition Number: 14-1646076
The IT Technical Engineer III provides supervision, engineering, operational support and problem resolution for systems or an environment required to support a large, complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process. Assist Managers and Directors in completing projects and maintaining environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide engineering and administrative support for the assigned areas (e.g. Exchange Messaging Servers, VoIP, Unix, Windows Servers OS, Server Hardware, Active Directory, System Center, SharePoint, Lync, etc.).
2. May engineer/implement solutions using VoIP Middleware platform such as Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop or VMWARE
3. Tests new software versions and participates in the definition of standard installation and upgrade methodologies. May create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
4. May design, code and implement software modifications to meet product/platform configuration and connectivity needs, and specialized application requirements.
5. Performs daily functions that include user support, database implementation and upgrade co-ordination, and administrative audits to ensure accuracy of the complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, including mobile devices if applicable.
6. Maintains software versions management controls.
7. Understand Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
8. Resolves problems and may iimplement, configure and fine tune a ssystem/process to monitor system health.
9. Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
10. May act as a project lead or a project manager.
11. Design and develop software if required.
12. Tests new software versions and participates in upgrades and migrations.
13. Implements prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
14. May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
15. Provides investigation services to assist with legal requirements.
16. Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
17. May provide assistance and training to other engineers
18. Maintains and augments manuals
19. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute.
* 7+ years of experience in engineering and support of an institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, as assigned.
* Must have technical experience in networking and relational database software products and demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities and/or data communication. Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
* Working knowledge of VoIP and WiFi infrastructure and controllers
* Working knowledge of UDP/TCP protocols and able to diagnosis problems via packet analyzer
* Working knowledge of WAN protocols including MPLS, SIP, etc
* Working knowledge of PBX hardware, ACD applications, etc. - Telecom Specific
Experience in engineering/support of windows client/server operating systems
Experience with scripting in power shell, VB, ADSI, etc
Must have excellent trouble-shooting and documentation skills
Must have a strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, emerging trends and related technology.
Very good communication skills, judgment and analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
Must have excellent documentation skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.