Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
IT Technical Engineer II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 288 - End User Services
Requisition Number: 14-1672610
The Exchange System Engineer II provides engineering and technical guidance required to support the enterprise messaging and collaboration infrastructure
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide engineering and technical support for Exchange Messaging Servers, SharePoint and Lync unified communications infrastructure.
2. Performs daily enterprise messaging administrative and support functions
3. Optimize performance of production systems such as Exchange 2010 Servers, SMTP gateways, Lync 2010 Servers etc
4. Resolves problems with mail flow, mail archiving, address book / public folders etc
5. Engineer, Implement and fine tune System Center to monitor mail system health
6. Works closely with clients to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
7. Leads administrators in designing, managing and executing pilot testing of new software versions and participate in upgrades / migrations. .
8. Provides e-mail investigation services to assist with legal requirements.
9. Aids in executing pilot testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
10. May act as a Project Leader for major projects.
11. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred.
* 4+ years of experience in engineering and support of windows server operating systems and messaging / collaboration products such as Exchange, unified messaging SharePoint and scripting/programming, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must have technical experience in networking and relational database software products and demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities. Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
4+Years' Experience in engineering/support of windows server operating systems
4+ Years' experience in messaging (Exchange, Unified Communications) and collaboration (SharePoint) platform
Experience with scripting in Power Shell, VB, ADSI, etc
Must have excellent trouble-shooting and documentation skills
Good communication skills, judgment and analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
Must have excellent documentation skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.