Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
IT Systems Administrator II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 876 - Levy Library
Requisition Number: 14-1627872
The IT Systems Administrator II provides centralized systems administration, operational support and problem resolution with the administrative activities required to support a large, complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in complex system administration and operational support (e.g., hardware/software installation, maintenance and support, system logs and problem reports, adds, changes, deletes, disk space management, backups, and file restores).
2. Assists in monitoring of the system's performance and capacity planning.
3. Troubleshoots and/or interacts with IT staff or vendors in testing, operational support and troubleshooting of system hardware and software problems.
4. Develop, communicate, and monitor the operational standards and procedures for the system and document these.
5. Review system demands, forecast system requirements and recommend upgrades.
6. May require knowledge of GUI (graphical user interface) for Microsoft platforms or CLI (command-line interface) for the operating system, depending on the area of responsibility.
7. Acts as a technical resource to the IT staff and systems users.
8. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Associate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience; Bachelor's degree preferred.
5 years experience in systems operations and administration, telecommunications network installation, operation and maintenance.
Requires knowledge of the operating system environment, data telecommunication technology (e.g., network protocols and topologies),
Good communication skills, analytical ability, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.