Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
IT Project Manager II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 290 - Strategic Projects
Requisition Number: 14-1682616
The IT Project Manager II is responsible for leading, planning, managing and directing multiple complex projects consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling team building, maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT. Required to achieve the objectives of concurrent projects, with enterprise-wide impact. Allocates staff and budget resources as needed to achieve the objectives of one or more projects any of which could span multiple areas and business functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works in tandem with top management to achieve corporate objectives by directing and leading one or more project teams.
2. Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives.
3. Tracks project progress with respect to time, budget and demonstrated results.
4. Communicates progress to top management and modifies schedules as required.
5. Negotiates with clients, staff and outside vendors as required. Establishes quality and performance targets.
6. Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques.
7. May recommend changes to the infrastructure consistent with achieving broad objectives.
8. May contribute to the disaster recovery plan and implements it when necessary.
9. May prepare staff performance evaluations.
10. Performs additional duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Eight years of diverse experience in multiple areas of technology of which at least four years in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. At least five years supervising technical staff.
Requires solid project management skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment. Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.