Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
IT Project Manager I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 294 - Network
Requisition Number: 14-1661642
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) IT Cable Infrastructure Group is seeking a project manager to work as part of a team responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of the voice, data, and fiber optic cable plant. MSHS consists of the Mount Sinai Hospital and the Mount Sinai School of Medicine (located between 98th St and 102nd St on 5th Ave.), Mount Sinai Queens (Astoria) Beth Israel Hospital (1st Ave and 17th St), St Luke's Hospital (Amsterdam and 116th St), and Roosevelt Hospital (59th St and 12th Ave) and various Remote site locations located throughout the tri state area. This individual will be working with MSHS IT and Facilities project managers through all phases of the projects.
Project Management and Design
* Provide Design and Project Management Services for new construction and renovations. This work includes:
* Interfacing with Facilities PM's, Architects, and Engineers on the IT Cable Infrastructure Design
* Create Scope of Work and Request for Proposals for each project
* Coordinate Requisitions and Purchase Orders for IT related Services including Cable, Network Equipment, Telecommunications equipment, Security, and AV.
* Coordinate work orders w/ cable contractors
* Interface w/ Facilities Project Managers, Construction managers, Cable contractors, and end users (Administrators, Nurse's , ect..) during the project construction phase.
* Infectious Control walkthrough's and paper work (ICRA)
* Life and Fire Safety paperwork and walkthrough's
* Update as built drawings and spreadsheets
Cable Moves, Adds, and Changes (MAC)
* Coordinate Incident and Request Tickets off OPAS and Remedy Systems
* Do walkthroughs with End user to create SOW of work.
* Interface with Cable Contractor and oversee installation and completion of the ticket work.
* Provide any Infection Control Risk Assessment ICRA and Life Safety permits needed for tickets
Cable Maintenance and Repairs
* Provide repairs and upgrades for existing infrastructure
* Jack, patch panel, and block repairs
* Copper and fiber patching
* Copper and Fiber testing and certifying
* TR Cleanouts
College Degree preferred
3+ Years Experience in field
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent verbal and writing skills
* In depth and hands on knowledge of Structured Cable Infrastructure Systems including BICSI, ANSI/TIA/EIA and 802.x standards.
* Prior experience working in the cabling industry
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Ability to use various copper and fiber testers primarily the Fluke DTX-1800 scanner.
* Basic Knowledge of IP networks and phone systems.
* BICSI RCDD Certification
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Visio
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.