Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 876 - Levy Library
Requisition Number: 14-1680364
The IT Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the operations of an information technology area of responsibility. Plan, develop, troubleshoot, enhance and maintain systems, procedures and applications for operating efficiency. Manage staff for optimum performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages information technology staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
2. Provides technical consultation to business area management and staff at the highest technical level for all aspects of end user computing applications and network-based PC/workstation systems software and hardware, including troubleshooting, repairs, network configurations, installations and upgrades.
3. Manage development of end user requirements, system design, project plans, staffing requirements and milestones for system enhancements and development.
4. Monitor helpdesk ticketing system queues such Rapid Response and your teams' support queues and address any issues such as open tickets, undocumented tickets or SLA/outstanding tickets. Make sure tickets get updated daily
5. Maintains effectiveness and efficiency by delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
6. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
7. Manage all aspects of system(s) maintenance including: software upgrades, database maintenance, end user support, trouble shooting, auditing systems and problem solving.
8. Maintains areas of responsibility's effectiveness and efficiency by reporting to upper management any performance concerns, defining problems or challenges and unique solutions to problems. Participates in short and long term plans.
9. Ensures that staff adheres to compliance requirements of the department and/or organization and directs confirmation of this compliance be maintained in the employees files.
10. Performs other related duties
Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science or related field is preferred.
8 years in the information technology field or its equivalent.
Competency in the support of applications software
Competency in the support of computer hardware and networking configuration & troubleshooting
Must have excellent troubleshooting skills with Hardware and software
Advanced knowledge of all Windows Operating Systems like Window XP, and 7
Basic understanding of networking and familiarity with TCP/IP and DHCP
Minimum 6 years' experience in providing computer services, desktop support, training, repairs and/or messaging,
Requires an in-depth knowledge of personal computing and network-based PC/workstation systems, hardware and tools, client functions and applications, including remote connectivity products, excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff and vendors. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.