Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 288 - End User Services
Requisition Number: 14-1676754
The Director of Information Technologies is responsible for planning designing and implementing organization wide information systems and technologies. Responsibilities include research, implementation and support of Software Asset Management (SAM) system, Licensing knowledge and product use rights, copyright etc. Director is responsible for engaging and assisting Information Technology Managers in understanding and controlling their software licensing costs, avoiding legal pitfalls related to licensing by leveraging industry best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Directs the utilization of information system resources and plans, designs, and implements information systems and technologies for assigned area(s) of responsibility. Provide consultation and recommendation for all aspects of software license management, licensing option, product use etc.
2. Assigns and coordinates the work of Information Technologies Managers, contractors and vendors. Provides overall technical leadership within a structure that is consistently expanding through organization wide system development and departmental utilization of microcomputers.
3. Directs the day-to-day operations of the assigned area(s) of responsibility, including the allocation of resources and staff. Remains current with technological advances and be able to apply them where applicable.
4. Coordinates planning, design, implementation, and technical support of organization-wide information systems, networks, and departmental applications.
5. Directs the development of the departmental operating budget and maintains necessary controls to assure compliance with budgeted expenses, resources, and staff projections.
6. Assists in the development of organization-wide systems standards (hardware, software, network systems) policies and procedures.
7. Assists in the development and implementation of information systems disaster recovery plans.
8. Develops staff and monitor programs to support production services including staffing, standards, productivity analysis, cost factors, benefits realization, and operations processing.
9. Coordinates, develops, and executes program for continual measurement of the organization's information systems, and communication networks' performance and effectiveness.
10. Ensures the provision of cost efficient information services and systems. Anticipate developments in fields of information technology. Write recommendations for management review of enhancements to existing systems through ongoing review.
11. Establishes goals for the area(s) of responsibility, aligned with departmental and organizational goals.
12. Performs other related duties
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred.
12 years of progressive information systems management experience preferably in a health care field.
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Excellent time and project management skills.
Demonstrated financial management skills
Proven leadership and management skills
Ability to critically evaluate and troubleshoot complex problems
Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of individuals
Attention to details
Special skills include systems development and planning, systems integration and networking.
Good communication skills, judgment and analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
Must have excellent documentation skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.