Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Interface Analyst I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 264 - Joint Marketing
Requisition Number: 13-1595298
The Interface Analyst I assists in project tasks as part of clinical implementation, including: interface development, data conversion, building system components, testing and documentation of interface specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for interface development (specifications and data flow diagrams), data conversion, testing and documentation of interface specifications.
2. Demonstrates proficiency of systems/interfaces and provides guidance to client areas in analyzing issues and development of solutions.
3. Collects workflow and other relevant information from clients.
4. Participates in the development of integration and data conversion processes for each implementation.
5. Works effectively between multiple parties.
6. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Required Education:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Minimum Required Experience:
Minimum of one year experience in interface analysis or design.
Experience in working on medium to large-sized systems in a technology-driven environment.
Prior interface development experience and knowledge of relational databases.
Physical Requirement(s) / Demand(s)
Expect extended periods of time working at a computer terminal.
May need to work weekends and nights depending on projects as needed.
Minimum Computer Skills:
Knowledge of relational databases
Microsoft Office suite - Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint, etc. - intermediate proficiency
Requires knowledge of the client area's functions and systems, technological alternatives, good communication skills, analytical ability, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.