Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Information Security Specialist I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 296 - IT Security
Requisition Number: 14-1645590
The Information Security Specialist II participates in the evaluation, development, implementation, communication, monitoring and maintenance of information technology security policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Provides state-of-the-art technical expertise and support to in-house developers to apply appropriate information security procedures and products.
2. 2. Provides technical expertise and support to client, IT management and staff in risk assessments, implementation and operational aspects of appropriate information security procedures and products.
3. 3. Participates in the evaluation, development and implementation of security standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environment (e.g., firm-wide, distributed, client server systems, and e-applications).
4. 4. Helps to develop communications and related campaigns for information security awareness among all staff.
5. 5. Performs access control and account administration of critical information resources including data access rules tables.
6. 6. Helps to coordinate the reporting data security incidents and may participate in investigations.
7. 7. Reviews the development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques.
8. 8. Investigates and recommends appropriate corrective actions for information security incidents.
9. 9. Tests and implements appropriate security methods and control techniques such as firewalls, data access rules tables, intrusion detection software, data encryption, data backup and recovery.
10. 10. Performs access control and account administration of critical information resources.
11. 11. Acts as a liaison to the product groups and assists them in the implementation of data privacy, information security technologies, and applications security.
12. 12. Maintains an awareness of existing and proposed security standard setting groups, State and Federal legislation and regulations pertaining to information security.
13. 13. Identifies regulatory changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures, and recommends appropriate changes.
14. 14. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Three years of technical experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative and communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with client, IT management and staff, vendors and consultants.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.